« Back to Job List
Technical Systems Coordinator - Public Safety - City of Redmond ( Job # 13-0057)
Minimum Salary: $5,333.00 per month
Maximum Salary: $6,772.00 per month
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Finance & Information Services
Closes: September 13, 2013 at 5:00 PM
(Open to current employees and the general public.)
Under the direction of the Application Services Manager, this position will provide leadership and technical expertise for planning, implementing and maintaining information and communication systems for the City of Redmond Police Department. As part of a small team dedicated to public safety IT needs, this position will support the Spillman CAD, RMS and mobile applications as well as the e-911 phone systems and many other applications that are at the core of day-to-day operations for the Redmond Police Department.
Duties include, but are not limited to: configuring, maintaining, updating, troubleshooting and enhancing existing hardware/software/communication systems; providing direct end-user support and training on systems; implementing and enforcing mandated information security policies; analyzing needs, procuring or developing, customizing and implementing new systems; and managing both projects and daily workload as part of a team.
· Law enforcement environment and information security standards
· Project management, requirements analysis and systems specification/design methods
· Architecture of computer hardware, software and networks
· Effective system and process documentation
· Integrating current and future technology with existing systems.
· Police CAD and RMS systems (Spillman preferred)
· E-911 systems (Positron's Viper preferred) and public safety radio
· Basic server administration (Unix experience preferred)
· Hardware/software troubleshooting and problem resolution
· Basic programming/scripting to support user information needs, application interface or task automation (familiarity with Perl preferred)
· Data access, retrieval and manipulation from relational database systems using SQL and other query tools
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of City staff and outside agencies
· Communicate effectively (spoken, written, diagram) to technical and non-technical individuals at all levels of the organization
· Work as part of a team to prioritize workload
· Work independently to meet deadlines and complete assignment in a timely manner
· Apply a high degree of attention to detail where accuracy is a key feature
· Understand customer needs and provide clear solutions to problems
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to: BA in computer science or a closely related field and at least two years of progressively responsible experience implementing and supporting computer and telecommunications systems.
Licenses and Requirements:
Valid Washington State Driver’s License by date of hire and a driving record that meets City standards. Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background check and not have any disqualifiers listed below.
Applicants will be disqualified under the following circumstances:
An applicant is addicted to habitual excessive use of drugs or alcohol.
An applicant has falsified statements, failed to disclose pertinent information or used deception on a job application.
An applicant has been convicted of a felony crime (or pled nolo contendere to a felony charge) at any time, or has been incarcerated for any crime within the past seven years, where the nature of the charge or crime may render an applicant unsuitable for the position.
An applicant has more than three moving traffic violations within the preceding three years; or reckless driving violation within the preceding five years; or driving while intoxicated within the preceding five years.
An applicant has more than one motor vehicle accident within the preceding three years for which the applicant received a traffic or criminal citation and was convicted, forfeited bail, or entered a plea of "guilty" or "nolo contendere."
Fulfillment of bargaining unit membership is required within 30 days of hire.
The City of Redmond provides a generous benefits package including: medical, dental and vision benefits; paid sick leave, vacation and holidays; retirement savings match, and life insurance.
City of Redmond Values:
Integrity: We demonstrate sound, honest, truthful and consistent actions.
Accountability: We take ownership of our actions and responsibilities.
Commitment to Service: We are dedicated to seeking solutions for our community.
15670 NE 85th Street
Redmond, WA 98052