« Back to Job List
Network/System Analyst - City of Redmond ( Job # 13-0076)
Minimum Salary: $5,196.00 per month
Maximum Salary: $7,778.00 per month
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Finance & Information Services
Open until filled.
(Open to current employees and the general public.)
Preference will be given to applications received by December 6, 2013.
The City of Redmond will be creating an eligibility list from this pool of applicants for future openings.
Under the direction of the Infrastructure and Operations Manager, this position is involved in all areas of network, server and telecom implementations. Duties include, but are not limited to: configuring and installing server/network related hardware, software, and patches. Other duties include server planning, analysis, implementation and troubleshooting. The Network/System Analyst ensures a server/network infrastructure that is stable, secure, and reliable using tools to monitoring network\server performance. Other duties as assigned.
· Client/Server Infrastructure
Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, Active Directory, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS,WINS,GPO, DFS, IIS, RADIUS, Terminal Services, Certificate Services, File/Print Services, NLB or Network Load Balancers, ADFS for Office 365, HP Proliant Servers.
· Email/Unified Communications
2010/2013 Microsoft Exchange email/UM, Barracuda email/UM archive appliance, Microsoft Forefront for Exchange, Websense spam filtering.
· Backup/Disaster Recovery
Symantec Netbackup/Backup Exec, Commvault, or Veeam including tape libraries such as Quantum.
Ability to backup/restore virtual machines, physical servers, folders/files, Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, and SQL server data/objects.
Microsoft SCCM 2012 End Point Protection, Trend Micro OfficeScan Anti-Virus, WSUS and SCCM for security patches, monitoring products such as WhatsUp.
Windows Hyper-V 2008 R2 or 2012, VMware vCenter and ESXi using high availability techniques and best-practices
Netapp or similar SAN’s using protocols such as NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, or Fiber Channel.
Basic knowledge of switches, routers, firewalls, access-points using Brocade, Cisco, Fortinet, Aruba, and Mitel PBX (or similar PBX) hardware.
Basic knowledge of TCP/IP, VLANs, ACLs, SNMP, Syslog, SIP, VoIP, etc.
Basic knowledge to troubleshoot network issues using tools such as Wireshark.
· Maintaining and upgrading network and server systems in a 24x7 environment.
· Providing technical support for networks and applications.
· Managing projects and ensures they are finished on time.
· Documenting infrastructure or processes using SOP’s, tech or user guides.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of City. staff, other agencies, citizens, developers and consultants.
· Handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize/manage time efficiently.
· Follows established SLA’s.
· Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
· Work independently and as part of a team.
· Operate applicable hardware, software and related peripheral devices.
· Take part in a 24 hour standby/on-call rotation.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Systems Engineering or closely related field and a minimum of three (3) years directly related experience administering Windows Client/Servers, Active Directory, Exchange, and Mitel PBX (or similar PBX) in a medium to large sized organization. Or any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Licenses and Requirements:
Valid Washington State Driver’s License by date of hire and a driving record that meets City standards.
Fulfillment of bargaining unit agreement membership is required within 30 days of hire.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment during core business hours. Response to emergency situations will require remaining on-call and working some evenings and/or weekends. Ability to lift 50 pounds.
The City of Redmond provides a generous benefits package including: medical, dental and vision benefits; paid sick leave, vacation and holidays; retirement savings match, and life insurance.
Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background check and not have any disqualifiers listed below.
Applicants will be disqualified under the following circumstances:
· An applicant is addicted to habitual excessive use of drugs or alcohol.
· An applicant has falsified statements, failed to disclose pertinent information or used deception on a job application.
· An applicant has been convicted of a felony crime (or pled nolo contendere to a felony charge) at any time, or has been incarcerated for any crime within the past seven years, where the nature of the charge or crime may render an applicant unsuitable for the position.
· An applicant has more than three moving traffic violations within the preceding three years; or reckless driving violation within the preceding five years; or driving while intoxicated within the preceding five years.
· An applicant has more than one motor vehicle accident within the preceding three years for which the applicant received a traffic or criminal citation and was convicted, forfeited bail, or entered a plea of "guilty" or "nolo contendere."
City of Redmond Values:
Integrity: We demonstrate sound, honest, truthful and consistent actions.
Accountability: We take ownership of our actions and responsibilities.
Commitment to Service: We are dedicated to seeking solutions for our community.
15670 NE 85th Street
Redmond, WA 98052